Prof. Ilan Talmud
Full Time Faculty, Sociology and Anthropology
Areas of InterestsSocial Networks Analysis, Economic Sociology, Organization and Management, Internet Studies, Investments Networks, International Networks, On-line Communities, Tacit Knowledge, Internet and Civic Engagement, Social Stratification
Ongoing Research* Relations and Investments: The Social Structure of Israeli Venture Capital Industry: Analyzing the Social Network between Venture Capital Funds in Israel: 1995-2004
* The Social Structure of the Competition: Rent seeking Activity in Factor markets, Products markets, and Labor Markets: A Network and Multilevel Approach.
* Social Aspects of Information and Communication Technology in Israel (Israel Scientific Foundation (ISF) Grant: 2008-2011) (with Gustavo Mesch).
* Uses and Divides, and Diversification among Israeli Online Surfers.
* Personal and Civic Problems of Intimate and Public Computer Mediated Communication
* A Dynamic Analysis of Health Policy Network in Israel
* Network Theory and Economic Sociology
* Social Networks and Word-of-Mouth Marketing: Review of A Growth Industry
* The Conditional Effect of Socio-Economic Background and Cognitive Ability on Earnings (with Yoav Ganzach).